The Wellcome Photography Prize celebrates compelling imagery that captures stories of health, medicine and science. The 2019 judging panel talk about this year’s shortlisted images selected across four categories:
– Social perspectives
– Hidden worlds
– Medicine in focus
The winning images will be revealed on 3 July 2019.
The judges for the 2019 Wellcome Photography Prize are:
– Emma Bowkett, Director of Photography at FT Weekend Magazine, UK
– Dan M Davis, Professor of Immunology at the University of Manchester, UK
– Dr Heidi Larson, Director of The Vaccine Confidence Project at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, UK
– Joanne Liu, International President of Médecins Sans Frontières, Switzerland
– Pete Muller, National Geographic Photographer and Fellow, Kenya
– Azu Nwagbogu, Curator at Large for Photography at the Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa, Nigeria.
The judges panel is chaired by Jeremy Farrar, Director of Wellcome.
Film by Barry J Gibb.