From the Blog
Cleaning Your Farberware Coffee Pots
Regularly cleaning your Farberware coffee pots ensures good tasting coffee and your coffee maker working as you want it. There are build ups and residues inside the coffee maker which affects the flow of coffee in your machine.
Added to that, the residue left on the coffee pot can affect the taste of the coffee itself. So here are some tried and tested ways of cleaning the Farberware coffee pots as well.
1. The easiest to clean in a coffee maker is the coffee pot. Clean it daily to avoid residue build up. Use hot water, soft sponge and dishwashing liquid. Do not forget to clean the lid as well.
2. Clean removable parts like the permanent filter and basket as well with sponge, hot water and dishwashing liquid.
3. Dispose any leftover ground coffee and used coffee filter.
4. Mix one cup of vinegar with two cups of water in the water reservoir and run two cycles. In the middle of the second cycle, turn the coffee maker off and let the vinegar solution sit for about 15 minutes before finishing the entire cycle.
5. Replace vinegar solution with clean, cold water and run two cycles to get rid of the smell and the vinegar deposits.
Another thing, to keep Farberware coffee pots dry, leave them open when not in use. It is advisable to clean your coffeemaker at least once a month to ensure great tasting coffee and to keep the machine in tip top shape. But the coffee pot reservoir must be cleaned once a day.